We are always excited to meet new patients. Our goal is to make you feel as comfortable as possible. Please plan to arrive 15 minutes early to allow time to complete the new patient paperwork if you have not already done so.
One of the great things about our practice is the possibility of performing the necessary procedures along with general anesthesia the same day on the first visit. This is an option for some patients and some surgical procedures at the discretion of Haddon Oral Surgeons. If the procedure is deemed complex or the patient is in a more medically high risk category than desired, then a consultation visit is required. If you are a new patient and have made an appointment for a same day anesthesia and surgery, please be sure to have a designated driver (cannot be taxi service) and nothing to eat or drink 6-8 hours prior to surgery time. The only exception to the fasting rule is if you take any medications regularly. If this is the case, you are to take ONLY a few sips of water with your necessary medications 2 hours prior to surgery. If you are on blood thinners it is imperative you disclose this to us at consultation and on the phone prior to your first visit so we can take the necessary perioperative management to provide you with the safest treatment. This is also true if taking any osteoporosis medications. We also ask that you speak to your prescribing physician about the management prior to any dental or maxillofacial surgery. There are a lot of other medications that may require preoperative management with a primary prescribing physician so please disclose everything for your safety. There is a link to provide you with a simplified list of pre-op checklist.
- Patient is to have nothing to eat or drink for 6 hours prior to surgery
- If you take morning medications on a daily basis you may take them with a sip of water 2 hours prior to surgery unless told otherwise by us or your primary doctor
- You must have a driver/escort (cannot be taxi service) to drive you
- If you are on a blood thinner, it is imperative to disclose this to us and also speak to your prescribing physician about the management
- Please wear casual, comfortable clothes with the absence of loose jewelry and prosthetic finger nails.
- No cell phones to be taken into surgical suites.
Every patient is unique and we are committed to providing you with the highest quality oral surgical care based on your individual needs. Above all else we want to make your visit to our office a pleasant experience.
Forms available to fill out pre-operatively.
Please call the office to schedule an appointment before filling out the Patient Forms.
Contact us Right Away
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 856-983-0202