Any alteration in the appearance of the tough and immovable tissue that surrounds each tooth and the roof of your mouth , is referred to as a lesion. One of the most serious cause for an oral mucosal lesion is oral cancer, but a great variety of infections may also create lesions.
Some of the early signs at the beginning of a cancerous growth can be:
- Reddish patches or whitish patches in the mouth
- A sore that fails to heal and bleeds easily
- A lump or thickening on skin lining inside of the mouth
- Chronic sore throat, hoarseness, or earache
- Difficulty in chewing or swallowing
Dr. Garin and Dr.Litman can determine the cause of your condition after learning your medical history, and performing a clinical examination. If any doubt arises about the cause for a lesion, they will recommend a small piece of the tissue to be evaluated by pathologist. Final treatment of the lesion will be dictated by what the pathologist sees under the microscope.
Contact us Right Away
- Email email@example.com
- Phone 856-983-0202